Did you have a happy weekend? Did you hibernate inside all weekend because of the cold? I sure did.
1) I actually blogged on the weekend – wonders never cease! Did you catch my post here?
2) My latest ideabook for Houzz is live and I wrote it on a colour that I haven’t been too fond of until lately. You can read it here.
3) I finally had my West Elm Orb pendants hung. I wrote about them here and instagrammed here. There are 2 in the main hallway and a third in the hallway to my office. Heart them! (And once the weather gets warmer, I will be painting the interior of my front door black. It’s just calling out for that.)
4) This is fascinating. (It has been circulating on the web since 2010 when it was discovered but I’m only reading about it now. Or maybe I did read it then and I forgot! That’s happening a lot lately :) )
5) Lauren’s recent project (even with unstyled phone pics) shows that simple and elegant is always in style. Love how she kept costs down by adding a few bricks to the fireplace to raise the height rather than demolishing the brick. A really good tip if you have the same issue. Oh, and I wish I lived closer, so I could visit her beautiful shop.
6) This little girl’s room is adorable.
7) I need to go shopping for comfortable shoes because of this happening next week. (I don’t think I have a minute to shop this week with 5 client meetings and a mini photo shoot at my house. Also, I need to buy a new ipad before I leave and get it all up to speed. Wish me luck!)
Have a happy week! Stay warm and drive safe!
If you need design help, please contact me at vanessa(at)vanessafrancis.com.